Wednesday, December 16, 2009

In Tears

We just got bad news about our case. The paralegal went this morning to get the birth certificate. It wasn't ready. As the woman who handles this was reviewing it, she decided that she would require that we go through Central Renap after all. Central Renap only accepts files on Tuesdays. Last I checked, it is Wednesday. We missed it by a day.

We will have to wait till next Tuesday to even submit our file to get the birth certificate and it will probably take a week or two from next Tuesday to get it because everything will be closed for the holidays. Not only will we miss Christmas, it looks like Daniel won't be home till mid-January and Brad and I will continue to switch off.

We have no plan B. We can't afford 4 airline tickets for me and our three to fly to Guatemala for Christmas and I don't even know if there's a flight left with 4 seats on it (a ticket right now is running about $1200 each for a direct flight). We can't afford to keep living in a hotel room for another month. Not only will Daniel (and Brad) miss Christmas, months ago we booked a trip to Disney World from Dec. 28 to Jan. 4 and Daniel (and most likely me) will miss that, too. (The girls are in a Christian cheer competition program and the finals are in Orlando. They've worked so hard to get there and this is not a trip that can be postponed.) Daniel is just so excited about Christmas and going to Disney World, I just don't know how we'll tell him. I just don't know what to do.

Brad is going with our attorney to get our stuff from the Chimaltenango Renap with the hope of getting to Central before it closes at 4:00 their time. They will beg to just have it accepted today but it will take at least a week to get it done, then we still have to get the passport, submit our final docs and wait for a Visa appointment.

I've said it before that in the grand scheme of things, this is so small. We are so tremendously blessed. We have weathered much worse. There are many who have lost loved ones and are grieving this Christmas and others who have critically ill children who may not even make it to next Christmas. Please Lord, help me to remember that this is nothing . . . just right now it seems like everything.

I'm crying too hard to even type at this point so I'll stop.

Thanks for your continued prayers and love.

Broken,
Kathie

10 comments:

Kim said...

Oh I'm so sorry. But at least it seems things can progress and he will be coming home in Jan. That's better than nothing. I'm sorry for your family being separated this holiday. Just keep thinking about this time next year though! Wow! It will be a GREAT holiday then! Hope Disney cheers you up and that your kids enjoy it. It always makes me smile to be there and it is beautiful this time of year. Praying for your peace.

Lelia said...

Oh Kathie, I'm so sorry too. . .wow, I know your heart is breaking. We will continue to pray. . .for all of you.

Teri said...

Oh no! I have tears too... I will be praying for Daniel's sweet little heart to somehow understand and for him to hold onto hope and truly get that he WILL BE HOME just a few days later than we all hoped for. Maybe you all can keep your tree and decorations up until he comes home and do Christmas then with him? Anyway the other kids would be cool with that?
My heart breaks for all of you, especially precious Daniel. I am going to keep on praying!

Ria @ Life as a Wife! said...

Yes, praying! God's timing is the best timing, but that is SO hard to realize. Ughhhh. I agree with Kim's comment - next year! Just think! How beautiful it will be :) Bless you & yours!
-ria

Mommy's Journeys said...

Oh my! I won't say anything else except that. There are no words. I understand your frustration and disappointment, my new friend. I'm in your same boat, just not as far along and not as close as your family to bringing your little Guatemalteco home.

my little world said...

(((HUGS))) and prayers!

Mamita J said...

Oh Kathie... I am so sorry. I know the weight is sometimes crushing. It's so unfair.

I'm praying for all of you to have the strength to carry on through the holidays.

I wish I could give you a hug.

Julie

Mrs. Wilbur said...

((((HUGS)))) I'm so sorry Kathie. Try to think of all the wonerful Christmas's to come :) We'll be praying for you and your family over here!

jodymcnatt said...

kathie...what can i say. just that i am crying with you friend. i just can't imagine being so close and then this...my heart hurts for all of you. i will ask our Lord for an extra, extra measure of strength and peace for you. love, jody

Blessed Mom of Four AND More said...

Oh, Kathie, my heart hurts for you, for the disappointment you feel, and I know your pain....
Here is the post I wrote while the tears flowed ALL day.....
http://meimeimakesfour.blogspot.com/2007/08/mournful.html
But, this I know, 19 days later came this post and the LORD smiled.....
http://meimeimakesfour.blogspot.com/2007/08/good-news-from-far-country-x2.html
And, God showed his faithfulness. Please remember weeping my endure for the night, but joy comes in the morning!
Robbie