Monday, December 21, 2009

Behold, I Bring You Good Tidings of Great Joy

Step outside for a minute and listen closely. What you'll hear is a father and son duet of "I'll Be Home for Christmas" all the way from Guatemala.

Brad called this morning to let me know that they got Daniel's passport. They were able to submit our final documents to the US Embassy, but it didn't look good to get a Visa appointment before Christmas. He met a family who submitted their final documents Friday and were given Monday, December 28 as their appointment date. With some begging and pleading, they were able to move it up to this week enabling them to have a Christmas homecoming, but it was looking like they got the last ticket out before the holiday.

The sweet lady at the USE told Brad she would submit our file as soon as she could (she had already reviewed half of our documents that we gave her last Wednesday but was waiting on the new birth certificate and passport to complete the review). She said Brad would get an e-mail either today or tomorrow telling us when our appointment date would be.

When Brad shared the news I was disappointed that coming home for Christmas looked out of reach, but thrilled that we'd probably have our appointment next Monday and have them home before the new year. At this point, I was just so grateful that we'd have some time left before school started and Brad had to go back to work to be together as a family. So when I got a call on my cell when I was running errands, I wasn't really prepared for what I'd hear on the other end.

"Hello?" spoken in Daniel's little voice. "Mama, I'm coming home for Christmas."

I'm not sure exactly what I said but there was a lot of squealing on both ends of the conversation. Brad got on the phone to clarify. He had gotten an appointment for tomorrow morning and he'll be able to pick up the Visa 3:00 p.m. Wednesday. It will be too late to catch a flight that day, but they have two seats booked to come home Christmas Eve. It will certainly be a Christmas we will never forget.

For those of you who have just recently been tuning in, several weeks ago I shared about "Long-Awaited Firsts" explaining why we haven't given up on this little boy. I can't wait to put the final pictures in this album of bringing Daniel home.

Thanks so much for your prayers, love, and encouragement. Goodness and mercy has followed two and a half years of praying one special little boy home. Our cup runneth over.

Rejoicing,
Kathie

20 comments:

Angela said...

I just found your blog last week and cannot tell you how hard I have been praying for you. What awesome news for your family. Thanks so much for sharing your story!

ANDREA said...

SCREAMING AND CRYING AND SCREAMING AND CRYING!!!!!!!!!!! PRAISE GOD!!!! YOUR CHRISTMAS MIRACLE HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kim said...

All I can say is Praise His name! He truly is the giver of all good gifts. I pray His richest blessings will surround you as you have a wonderfully, miraculous reunion! Thank you Lord for your Christmas miracle to this precious family. I am thrilled for you!

Lelia said...

It's been a few days since I last checked in. . .a lot happens in your life in the span of just a few hours it seems! :) We are rejoicing with you. . .SOOOO HAPPY! Can't wait to share this news with everyone else (I'm up late and they're all in bed) as well as others who've been praying. Can't wait 'til you're all together again. . .

Rachel said...

Good Lord... I am BAWLING.

I've been following your posts and have been praying that God would bring this precious boy home to spend Christmas with his family.

GOD IS GOOD!

I felt your anguish and frustration in your posts and prayed and prayed.

So thankful you will have your whole family with you this Christmas... what a way to celebrate the son HE sent too!

AMEN - thank you Jesus!

Janna said...

Oh what a beautiful Christmas gift. I'm so glad God has enabled you to love one of His children in this way. Merry, Merry, Mary Christmas!

I found you via blogfrog.

The Dirrim's said...

Kathie,
Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you all. Tears of Joy are flowing freely and praising God for all He has done.
Can't wait to see his face as he comes up the escalator.
Love you all,
Barb

Jessica said...

Tears again! I'm so happy for you and your family. God is so good.

Mommy's Journeys said...

Yippee!! Fantastic! What a Christmas it will be for your family and especially for Daniel! God's timing is always perfect. We don't always understand it, that's for sure, but it's always perfect. I just have to keep reminding myself of that very thing.
Merry Christmas!
Karen

Tracy said...

Yeah!!!!! I'm so very happy for you all!!! What a blessing-to get to celebrate the arrival of God's son and yours!!
I can't wait to meet him...:0)

Have a safe trip home, boys!!

Tracy

Mamita J said...

Merry, Merry Christmas to your family! What a Christmas present!

God hears and answers prayer!

Julie

Tina said...

Praise the Lord!

Blessed Mom of Four AND More said...

Praise the LORD, Kathie.
I just saw you comments on Linny's blog, and your family will be complete and together for Christmas.
Rejoicing with you,
Robbie

Teri said...

I KNEW He would come through for Daniel!!! What an awesome God we serve!! MUCHOS GRACIAS JESUS!!!

I am just over the moon ecstatic for you all and wish I could be there to see his face as he steps off the plane, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

SO HAPPY!!! Ok I am so going to go grab Sammy and jump up and down with him, whoo hoo!!!!

sierrasmom said...

Crying tears of joy for you here in NY!!!
Kathie

Unknown said...

Hello Kathie, my name is Gabby I'm from Guatemala City and I work in the place where your file was finally release last Friday to get your baby boy's birth certificate. Your husband gave me your blog address so I can catch up on this process. You just have no idea how much it makes me happy to know that Daniel and your husband will be home for Christmas Eve. It makes me realize how wonderful it’s God’s plan for our lives, it definitely has a special one for Daniel’s life… to find a beautiful and loving family like yours. As I’m sure your husband toll you, your file wasn’t gonna be ready until this week, but he told me your story and God made the rest, the thing is that your file got out so fast that I wanted to contact you and write about this so the people who reads your blog knew that their prayers definitely worked!... Please let me know if there’s anything else I can do for you and your family. God bless you all and Merry Christmas!!!
Kind Regards,
Gabby

MIG said...

What a wonderful Christmas gift! I hope you and your family enjoy the holidays!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you! I hope you'll have a wonderful Christmas.

Maryann said...

What a beautiful beginning! Thank you for being there for that beautiful little boy, throughout the roller coaster ride.

Merry Christmas and God Bless!
Maryann

Dawn said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! SO thrilled for you!!!! :D