Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sunday Dinner: Psalm 145:3-7/ "Indescribable"

The closer I am to my Creator, the more I appreciate His creation.

We arrived home the other night to be greeted by this luna moth hanging out on one of the white pillars of our front porch.




I had never seen one before, neither had my kids, so we just marveled at its color, at the beautiful shape of its wings (although one tail seemed to have broken off), and its little furry backside. It looked hand-painted. Boy, would I love to see God's art studio and watch the Master at work putting final touches on luna moths, tulips, and giraffes.

I often just stand in awe of God's handiwork. This gal who loves the written word can't come up with a single word to match His intricate detail and breathtaking brilliance. I find myself walking about my yard squealing, "God, you are amazing!"

I watch my kids and notice the sprinkling of freckles Ava's nose, Olivia's thick eyelashes, Brady's dimpled hands, Daniel's hair of silk. Every day I see something new, brushstrokes on these living Masterpieces, and all I can think to say is "God, you are amazing!"

This week's Sunday Dinner of scripture is (the idea behind Sunday Dinner is here):

Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom.
One generation will commend your works to another; they will tell of your mighty acts.
They will speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty, and I will meditate on your wonderful works.
They will tell of the power of your awesome works, and I will proclaim your great deeds.
They will celebrate your abundant goodness and joyfully sing of your righteousness.

Psalm 145:3-7, NIV

This week's dessert of song is an old favorite, Chris Tomlin's "Indescribable." This tune plays in my head whenever I see a flower open; hear my children laugh; behold a sunset, a rainbow, or a starry sky.

When I wonder if my big God cares about little me, I remember a luna moth, intricately painted even though it only has a lifespan of a week. How much more does He care for us, the ones He sent His Son to redeem?

And once again, all I can say is, "God, you are amazing!"

God Bless,
Kathie

1 comment:

Kat said...

amen! Amen! AMEN!!!!!