Sunday, April 4, 2010

Sunday Dinner: Luke 24:1-6--"My Redeemer Lives"

Okay. Who really needs Sunday Dinner in bloggy form when you may have gotten a real one on Easter Sunday?

I'm am full, full, full from this weekend. And I'm not just talking about what I've dined on physically. I've feasted all weekend on a buffet of love and laughter. We had a sweet time with Brad's side of the family yesterday and my side today. I'm too tired to post pics, but it was truly a very special first Easter for Daniel. The last thing he said when his head hit the pillow was, "This was a very happy day."

It seems like each year, the gift of Christ's sacrifice means even more to me. And today I want to shout it from the rooftops that "He is risen indeed!"

Today's dinner of scripture is:

1 On the first day of the week, very early in the morning, the women took the spices they had prepared and went to the tomb.

2 They found the stone rolled away from the tomb,

3 but when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus.

4 While they were wondering about this, suddenly two men in clothes that gleamed like lightning stood beside them.

5 In their fright the women bowed down with their faces to the ground, but the men said to them, "Why do you look for the living among the dead?

6 He is not here; he has risen!"

Luke 24: 1-6

I think the reason why I like Luke's account of the resurrection is the inclusion of what the angels said: "Why do you look for the living among the dead?" Had I been one of the women there at the tomb, I think my response would have been, "Ummm. We've had a really rough few days. Please skip the rhetorical questions and open with 'He has risen.' "

But as I replay this question in our lives today, it is no longer ridiculous, but profound. How often do we look for things that are living among places that are dead? How often do we look for joy and peace and purpose in things that are empty? If we truly believe that He has risen, we must live like we believe He has risen!

This week's dessert of song is one of my favorites--"My Redeemer Lives" by Nicole C. Mullen. When this is played on the radio, my kiddos belt this song out with me. There's nothing sweeter than hearing my children rejoice that their Redeemer lives.

This week may you not only celebrate that He has risen, may you live like He has risen.

Much Love,
Kathie

1 comment:

Mom Of Many said...

I love My Redeemer Lives...LOVE IT!!

Happy Resurrection day sweet friend....Love from Colorado! xo