Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sunday Dinner: John 1:29--"Revelation Song" and "Agnes Dei"

I'll be honest. If I could go back in time, I wouldn't want to watch Christ being beaten and stripped and humiliated. I wouldn't want to watch Him die on the cross for my sin. I wouldn't want to see Him put into the grave.

But I would loved to have been there for triumphal entry. To give praise for all He has done. To recognize Him as the One and Only King. To bow down in worship with palm branches. What a beautiful day that must have been.

Although I missed the triumphal entry, I will some day be able to worship at the feet of Jesus. Today I'm rejoicing because of the Lamb of God. Who took my sin, sorrow, and sickness.

This week's Sunday Dinner scripture is (the idea behind Sunday Dinner is here):
"Behold the Lamb of God, who taketh away the sin of the world."
John 1:29

I've got two desserts of song today. The first one is "Revelation Song." It's one of my favorites and tomorrow I'll share why. Phillips, Craig, and Dean also has an amazing version of this, but I'm posting Kari Jobe's because it echos how I would want to worship before the Lord--it's soft and reverent and broken and pure. (And I'm hoping when I get to heaven, God will give me a voice like hers.)

The second song is "Agnes Dei." This is another song that I'm sure is sung around the throne of God. I was able to hear Third Day in concert last fall. They finished the concert with this song. It was Mac Powell and the band accompanied by an orphan choir from Africa. It was beyond beautiful. I had taken my girls to the concert for a "mommy date" and we just sang and wept together. Such a sweet memory.

As you go about this week of observance of Christ's crucifixion and resurrection, remember the Lamb of God. Worship with your words, your actions, and your life.

Grateful for His Sacrifice,
Kathie

No comments: