Monday, June 14, 2010

Life's a Beach (and Pool)

Saying hi from Rosemary Beach, Florida!




Sorry I haven't posted in a while. We arrived on Saturday but haven't had internet for a couple days.

We've been enjoying every minute of Daniel's first trip to the beach. I don't have many pics to share yet because I left the thingy that connects my good camera to my computer at home, but here are a few from Olivia's pocket sized digital one.

This is Ava, Daniel, and Brady enjoying kayaking fun with cousins.



This is a quick pic before going to dinner.



And this is with a large stuffed alligator at dinner.



After two and a half years of mentally Photoshopping Daniel into our family memories, it's such a blessing to have him sharing it all with us.

My belated Sunday dinner of scripture is simply one about the sea:


"Mightier than the thunder of the great waters, mightier than the breakers of the sea-- the Lord on high is mighty."

Psalm 93:4
Few things make me realize God's greatness like the ocean. I awe it, fear it, revel in it, delight in it. Just like I awe Him, fear Him, revel in Him, and delight in Him.
I have many thoughts about the ocean that I'll share later, but one small thing I love about it is its healing power. We all came on vacation with our scraps and cuts. I have a cut on my hand that reminds me that I'm long overdue for a tetanus shot, the boys' knees look like they have been grated like a piece of cheese, and my teen's legs look like she's been shaving with a chainsaw.
On the drive down, I reminded all the injured that the salt water would heal our wounds. And, you know what, two days into our trip and you can hardly tell where are boo-boos were.
It reminds me of God's love. I know if I just immerse myself in the healing power of His grace, I find healing of wounds that I thought would always be raw and infected and bleeding. Sometimes it stings at first, but I know that is the first step toward restoration.
As I soaked in the sea playing with my kiddos, I saw healing--not only in body, but in spirit. Primarily Daniel's spirit. It's a beautiful sight to behold.
This week's dessert of song is "Ocean Wide" by The Afters.
May you celebrate God's greatness and experience His healing.
More Than Lots,
Kathie

4 comments:

Kristin Ferguson said...

I'm rejoicing with you that Daniel is now physically included in family vacation memories! What a great part of being in a family those summer beach trips are! We hope Nadia enjoys her first one too. :) Your comments have been very encouraging on my blog!

Thank you!
Kristin

Sr. Ann Marie said...

Beautiful photos of a beautiful family! Enjoy your vacation!

Angela said...

May you celebrate God's greatness and experience His healing.

amen amen amen..

I am praising God for sending me Goodness and Mercy to my blog..((hugs))

trustandobey said...

What fun to have Daniel along now!!! I bet it has been fun watching him soak up the sun and surf. What a blessing to have the whole family together finally for vacation and every other day!!!
Have fun!!!
Lisa