Thursday, November 26, 2009

Providential Pardon

Today I felt like I was the turkey who got the Presidential Pardon (I'm calling it a Providential Pardon). I was booked on a flight to leave for Guatemala yesterday morning and at the last minute circumstances changed so I could be home with my family (minus Daniel) on Thanksgiving. (It's a long story that I'll share later.) Anyway, thanks so much to Doug and Anna Dirrim, Paul and Tammy King and family, and John Lee for the tremendous blessing you've been to me and my family this week. (I have a really long list of thank yous for all the other weeks of the year.)

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving day with time spent with Brad's side of the family and then my side of the family and finished with an adoption homecoming for Henry and Dalia Dirrim. What a special day.

We've got the fire going, a movie on, and are putting out Christmas decorations so the house will look festive when Daniel comes home. We're going to wait on the tree till he's home so he can pick it out and decorate it with us. I'm leaving for Guatemala early tomorrow morning and will try to write updates each day.

I hate to fly and will be traveling alone so please say a little prayer for me. If anyone wants to go with me, I'll pack you with my laptop (sorry but you'll have to ride in the overhead compartment). Thanks to you all for your continued prayers and support.

So Grateful,
Kathie

2 comments:

Tracy said...

OH, you are almost there!! Or should I say, "he's almost here"!!
We are so excited to see these adopting families preparing their hearts and homes for these new little ones. We are praying for a quick turn-around time and a smooth transition once Daniel is here! :0)

Thanks for sharing your experiences with us!

MisAdventuresofMomof3 said...

Good luck!!! I have a friend who recently adopted 2 boys from Guatemala -there situation was so stressful. Be safe in your travels and can't wait to hear about more about your family once they are all together.

New follower from MBC - come visit me.